Required dependent documentation.
To cover your spouse or child(ren) as a dependent on your coverage, you must submit supporting documentation to BlueBenefits via BCSS before you enroll. Here’s what’s required.
For your spouse.
Upload and submit a copy of your marriage certificate and one of the following documents:
- Pages 1 and 2 of your most recent Federal income tax return that lists your spouse.
- Current mortgage statement, home equity loan, or lease agreement (within the last three months).
- Current property tax documents.
- Current automobile registration.
- Current credit card or bank account statement (within the last three months).
- Current utility bill with your same address (within the last three months).
- Current designation of beneficiary for retirement or life insurance benefits, or primary designation under spouse’s will.
- Assignment of a durable property or healthcare power of attorney.
For your child(ren) or step child(ren).
Upload and submit a copy of their birth certificate—must reflect spouse’s name for step child(ren).