How it works.
Navigator Behavioral Health Support coverage for Substance Use includes access to your Anthem or UHC provider network of licensed and certified professionals, counselors, psychiatrists and social workers, and treatment facilities. Coverage includes both inpatient and outpatient services for a wide range of Substance Use issues, such as:
- Alcohol use
- Opioid use
- Amphetamine use
- Other substance use and addictions
Through Anthem and UHC, you get help with:
- Locating a provider and support services near you.
- Connecting with specially-trained clinicians for education and guidance, treatment strategies, setting up clinical evaluations, and connecting with individual, family or group support and communities. Outpatient, intensive outpatient, residential or inpatient support is available.
- Using Virtual Visits to speak with a professional by phone or video chat.
- Finding resources, articles and guides to learn more about Substance Use.
Your provider can submit claims to your Medical Business Partner—either Anthem or UHC. When you schedule your appointment with your provider, provide them with the information on your Anthem or UHC Medical ID card. If you’re working with an out-of-network provider or facility and need help filing claims, reach out to Anthem or UHC’s Behavioral Health teams.