Return to work from leave of absence in Leaves of Absence / Questions about Sedgwick
Learn how to apply for leaves through Sedgwick.
Check out this handout to help guide you through the leave process as you get to know Sedgwick.
Here's additional information about taking time off.
Who do I call for my leave?
Sedgwick is our leave administrator for Crewmember Short Term Disability (except Pilots), Family Medical Leave (FML), Personal, Parental, and Military leaves.
MetLife administers Short Term Disability for Pilots, Long Term Disability for all Full-Time Crewmembers, and New Jersey State Disability.
Do my health and insurance benefits continue while I’m on leave?
If you take a leave of absence, your other JetBlue health and insurance benefits will continue. However, if your leave lasts longer than 1 pay period you will need to pay your required Benefit contributions directly to our business partner, PayFlex, through a process called Direct Bill. This process begins the pay period immediately following the start date of your leave. To manage your Direct Bill, visit: https://bluebenefits.payflex.com or call 1-866-777-6875.
More on Sedgwick:
- 24/7 access to request and manage your leaves.
- Contact Sedgwick online, by phone, or use their Interactive Voice Response option.
- Their user-friendly website viaOne Express makes it easy to submit leaves, track time-off, contact a leave specialist, upload important information or print forms.
- Access viaOne Express from any device—including computer, smartphone or tablet.
- Quick correspondence through email. You’ll receive mail through Sedgwick along the way, but email gives you quicker access to important forms and decision letters.
- Notifications by text: set the option to receive claim status updates and due date reminders.
- Recurrent VSTD claim extension.
How do I apply for leave?
- If you are a Pilot applying for: Short and Long Term Disability, please contact MetLife at 1-888-343-6889 or visit mybenefits.metlife.com.
- If you are a Pilot applying for: Family Medical Leave, Personal, Parental and Military, please contact Sedgwick at 1-844-341-8632 or visit claimlookup.com/jetblue.
- If you are a Crewmember applying for: Short Term Disability, Family Medical Leave, Personal, Parental and Military, please contact Sedgwick at 1-844-341-8632 or visit claimlookup.com/jetblue.
- If you are a Crewmember applying for: Long Term Disability, please contact MetLife at 1-888-343-6889 or visit mybenefits.metlife.com.
How can I learn more?
Stay informed on Leaves of Absence and earn a breezy $10 towards your Healthy Rewards by visiting lifeisbetterinblue.com/leaves.