Reproductive Services in BlueCarpet / Reproductive Services
Discover additional information!
Want more details on the information below? Download this interactive guide to learn more about the DESTINATION : FAMILY Reproductive Services program.
DESTINATION : FAMILY Reproductive Services
DESTINATION : FAMILY Reproductive Services helps guide Crewmembers through the health care system as they explore options for expanding their families—now or in the future. With this program, you and your family receive:
- Financial support for covered services with a lifetime maximum of up to $25,000 for medical expenses and up to $10,000 for pharmacy expenses.
- Guidance on how to maximize your available financial reimbursement.
- Information on issues surrounding infertility and its treatment, including information on fertility clinics and doctors.
- Education about the causes of infertility, treatment alternatives, and appropriateness and efficacy of treatment types.
- Emotional support to help ease the stresses that often accompany treatment and getting pregnant.
- Access to the infertility Centers of Excellence network.
- Help navigating the health care system and claims questions.
- Support for the specific fertility needs of the LGBTQ Crewmember community.
Click below to learn what's offered through DESTINATION : FAMILY Reproductive Services.
Types of support.
DESTINATION : FAMILY Reproductive Services helps guide Crewmembers through their journey as they explore options for expanding their families—now or in the future. Examples include:
- Jill and John have been trying to start their family through multiple cycles of artificial insemination. After working with their Reproductive Services nurse, they have decided to try in vitro fertilization (IVF) by way of a Center of Excellence in Fort Lauderdale.
- Sarah and Holly have explored growing their family for a year. Through the Reproductive Services program, they found a Center of Excellence in Connecticut and are seeking treatment for IVF with donor sperm.
- Christopher and Lucas would like to expand their family. They have decided to access the benefit to help cover the cost of inseminating a surrogate at a local Center of Excellence in New Jersey.
- Karen was recently diagnosed with endometriosis, and she would still like to add to her family. She is working with her Reproductive Services nurse to research her treatment options and find the best Center of Excellence near her.
- Scott was recently diagnosed with cancer. He would like to start a family but is concerned he might not be able to after his cancer treatment. Scott went to a Center of Excellence in Salt Lake City and sought treatment with cryogenic preservation.
Don’t see your journey in these examples? We can help—just call BlueCarpet to share your journey and explore your DESTINATION : FAMILY Reproductive Services program benefits.
DESTINATION:FAMILY Reproductive Services covers a wide range of issues—and everyone has a different journey toward expanding their family. If you didn’t see your situation represented in the tab above or if you have questions, please call BlueCarpet anyway to discover how we can help. All Crewmembers and their covered dependents enrolled in a JetBlue Medical Plan are eligible to participate if they meet infertility guidelines.
If you’re considering fertility treatments, your Reproductive Services nurse can help you explore your options. Our nurses are highly qualified and specially trained in reproductive health with an average of 14 years of experience within the fertility industry. Our nurses understand the emotional roller coaster you may be on and will provide compassionate support and expertise throughout your entire journey. They focus on ways to make the most impact and help improve your opportunities for success.
Infertility Diagnosis Guidelines
Infertility is a medical diagnosis that includes one or more of the following situations:
- Have failed to achieve or maintain a pregnancy after 12 months of intercourse if the woman is under age 35, or after six months if the woman is 35 or over.
- Have failed to achieve or maintain a pregnancy following six to 12 treatment cycles, depending on age, of medically supervised donor insemination. The waiting period may be waived when the covered person has a known infertility factor, including but not limited to congenital malformations, known male factor, known ovulatory disorders, diminished ovarian reserve, impotence/sexual dysfunction, moderate or severe endometriosis, or documented compromise of the fallopian tubes or is in a same-sex relationship.
- Have failed to achieve or maintain a pregnancy due to impotence/sexual dysfunction.
- Have infertility that is not related to voluntary sterilization or failed reversal of voluntary sterilization.
- Under age 44, if female and using own eggs/oocytes; under age 50, if female and using donor eggs/oocytes. For treatment initiated prior to pertinent birthday, services will be covered to completion of initiated cycle.
- Have diagnosis of a male factor causing infertility (e.g., treatment of sperm abnormalities including the surgical recovery of sperm).
Here is a list of some of the eligible expenses:
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Frozen embryo transfer (FET) cycle
- Artificial insemination (AI)
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Ovulation induction and controlled ovarian stimulation
- Pre-implantation genetic diagnosis (PGD)
- Pre-implantation genetic screening (PGS)
- Testicular sperm aspiration (TESA)
- Microsurgical epididymis sperm aspiration (MESA)
- Costs associated with donating egg/sperm
- Cryopreservation of egg/sperm/embryo for up to two years if future fertility is being jeopardized by planned medical treatments that could impact fertility
- Pharmacy costs associated with fertility treatments
- Diagnostic tests (these are covered under the medical plan)
- Surgical procedures: laparoscopy, lysis of adhesions, tubotubal anastomosis, fimbrioplasty, salpingostomy, transcervical catheterization, cystoplasty Strassman electroejaculation
- Donor coverage: The plan will cover associated donor medical expenses, including collection and preparation of ovum and/or sperm, and the medications associated with the collection and preparation of ovum and/or sperm. The plan will not pay for donor charges associated with compensation or administrative services
- Preimplantation genetic screening (PGS)
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD): is covered for the diagnosis of known genetic disorders only (for example, cystic fibrosis)
Why is JetBlue offering this program?
JetBlue offers this program to help ensure your care plan includes the right mix of support and resources to maximize your chances for a successful pregnancy and minimize risks. By using Centers of Excellence, the DESTINATION:FAMILY Reproductive Services program works to help ensure you receive care that is based on proven techniques provided by high-quality clinics.
Centers of Excellence.
Interested in using these services? You must do two things:
1. Work continuously with a Reproductive Services Nurse
2. Use providers at a Center of Excellence
We know it’s crucial for you to have access to doctors and other health care professionals who are not just experienced but also recognized as experts in their field. That’s why the DESTINATION : FAMILY Reproductive Services program includes the Centers of Excellence (COE) network. An infertility COE is a provider that delivers a higher standard of care for Crewmembers and dependents who are trying to build or extend their families and are experiencing challenges due to infertility.
Each COE facility in the network meets or exceeds best practices criteria, including:
- High pregnancy rates
- Reduced risk of multiple births
- Number of reproductive services
- Superior physical credentials and expertise
- Exceptional facilities and staffing
- Industry accreditation and affiliations
To utilize the infertility services, you must be enrolled in the DESTINATION : FAMILY Reproductive Services program and treated at an in-network fertility provider who is part of Optum’s Centers of Excellence network. Once the deductible is satisfied, the plan will pay 80% of eligible expenses up to a lifetime maximum of $25,000. Crewmember expenses will not exceed plan out-of-pocket maximums in any given year. Based on your Green or Blue Plan pharmacy coverage, up to $10,000 per lifetime.
Accessing your benefits.
To access this benefit, Crewmembers/covered dependents must enroll in the DESTINATION : FAMILY Reproductive Services program and remain actively engaged with a Reproductive Services nurse throughout planning and treatment. Crewmembers/covered dependents must utilize an infertility Center of Excellence (COE) if one is within 60 miles of their home. If no COE is located within 60 miles of the Crewmember’s home, a Reproductive Services nurse will help use all available evidence-based information to connect him or her with an appropriate facility to utilize the benefit.
Don’t worry, it’s confidential!
The DESTINATION : FAMILY Reproductive Services program is managed by Optum and is staffed by specially trained, licensed clinicians who adhere to the strict confidentiality requirements of their profession.
Want to get started?
Call BlueCarpet at 1-866-529-1675, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (ET). If you call after normal business hours, you may leave a voicemail and a nurse will return your call within one business day.