Children with special needs in Wellness / Children with special needs
If you have a child with behavioral or developmental needs, contact BlueCarpet to help your family with:
- Autism/Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder/Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Mood disorders (anxiety, depression, bipolar, etc.)
- Behavioral or developmental needs resulting from a separate medical condition
Why is JetBlue offering this program?
Crewmembers have requested this type of support, and JetBlue wanted to develop a thoughtful program, consistent with JetBlue’s Caring Value. JetBlue offers the program to Crewmembers to help ensure their child’s care plan includes the right support from the JetBlue Medical benefits.
Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy.
To support and help you manage your child’s autism spectrum disorder, JetBlue offers coverage for in-network, pre-certified Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy. A typical ABA treatment plan may include:
- Skills training (e.g., activities of daily living, social, coping)
- Behavioral therapy (e.g., family, group, individual)
- Consultative services (e.g., agencies, community services)
- Therapies covered by your Green or Blue Plan (physical, occupational, speech)
Services are available to Crewmembers with children age 11 and under, who are covered by a JetBlue Medical Plan and who have in-network pre-certified treatment services. For children 12 and older, BlueCarpet may be able to help you navigate possible plan benefits.
Please note: This program is part of your JetBlue Medical Plan and although it doesn’t cover everything, it does provide some financial assistance and clinical expertise in stepping through the complexities of treating autism.
To access ABA therapy...
- Call BlueCarpet at 1-866-529-1675
- Find an eligible, in-network provider with help from BlueCarpet
- Complete the pre-certification with help from your provider and BlueCarpet