Crewmembers have two choices for dental care: Cigna Dental Care ® (DHMO) and a DPPO plan. Both plans are provided through Cigna and include coverage for dental care, including visits to your dentist for regular oral exams, cleanings, fluoride treatments, X-rays and other covered services.
So, which plan is right for you?
Cigna Dental Care ® (DHMO) Plan
- Crewmember rates are slightly lower than the DPPO rates
- A primary care dentist in the DHMO must be selected for each covered family member
- You can change your dentist at any time
- Your primary care dentist will manage all of your dental healthcare needs and he/she will refer you to any network specialist if needed
- There are no calendar year maximums or deductibles
- There are no claim forms to file when you visit a DHMO in-network dentist
- Your Patient Charge Schedule (PCS) lists the amount you pay for covered services and outlines any frequency limitations
- The Cigna DHMO is NOT currently available in the following states: AK, HI, ID, ME, MT, NH, NM, ND, RI, SD, VT, WV and WY
Total Cigna DPPO Plan
- Crewmember rates are slightly higher than the DHMO Plan
- You have the option to see any licensed dentist, but you’ll likely save when you visit a dentist in the DPPO network
- No referrals needed to visit a specialist
- The plan will cover eligible dental expenses after any applicable waiting periods and any deductibles are met
- DPPO network dentists will submit claims for you
- The plan is based on coinsurance levels that determine the percentage of costs covered by the plan for different types of services
Find a Cigna-network dentist.
You can call Cigna at 1-877-208-3183 to recommend a dentist to join the Cigna network, or log onto myCigna.com and choose the Dentist Recommendation form on your homepage to submit directly to Cigna.
Where’s my dental ID card?
You will receive an ID card in the mail after you enroll, but you can also print an ID card or request a new one on www.mycigna.com. Be sure to register at www.mycigna.com to get all of the dental information you need. Get help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Additional dental coverage information.
Have a medical condition? You could get reimbursed for dental services.
If you’re seeing a doctor for one of the following conditions, you could qualify for the Cigna Dental Oral Health Integration Program® (OHIP):
- Heart disease
- Chronic kidney disease
- Organ transplant
- Head and neck cancer radiation
It covers some services that help treat or prevent gum disease and tooth decay at no extra cost to you. You do not need to meet your plan’s deductible to receive reimbursement for these services. However, any reimbursement you receive will apply to and is subject to your plan’s calendar year maximum.
If you have coverage for out-of-network services, you may choose to visit an in-network or out-of-network dentist. However, remember that it’s a good idea to use an in-network (participating) dentist. Participating dentists have a contract with Cigna. This means you pay less.
Using the program is easy!
Before seeing the dentist, you need to complete the online registration form, which you can find on www.mycigna.com . To access the form:
- Click on “Forms.”
- Under “Your Plan Forms,” choose “Cigna Dental Oral Health Integration Program® Registration Form.” Registration is required only once per qualifying medical condition.
If you need assistance or have any questions, call Cigna 24/7 at 1-877-208-3183, and a customer service representative will assist you.